1991. I was a dorky Junior in high school, listening to nothing but film scores and Public Enemy while reading whatever screenplays I could afford from Pix Poster Cellar in Cambridge, MA. Ooh, and I got my first laserdisc player!
A chronological list of releases can be found here.
1) Best of 1991 or top five?
2) Most disappointing of 1991 (or bottom five if you want to go that route)?
3) Most underrated or underseen? (Example: “reviews weren’t great, but it’s genius because) OR (“No one saw it, but this is why they should…”)
4) Favorite performance(s) of the year?
5) Favorite scene/sequence of the year?
6) Most memorable (good or bad) theatergoing experience of the year?
7) Most influential film/performance/style/director?
Obviously feel free to answer only the questions you’re interested in or to write/respond to something else entirely. The lists themselves are just a starting point to foster discussion.