Predict the grosses of the films opening the weekend of September 1st-3rd, 2017
The one who predicts closest to the total Friday to Sunday gross for the #1 film wins 4 points. Runner-up gains 2 points. Predicting within half a million on the first question each week earns 2 bonus points.
Deadline is Friday, September 1st at 12:00 pm (EST).
Note: This is a snoozer of a week with only one wide release (the long-delayed Tulip Fever) that was scheduled at the last minute. AGEBOC 2017 will conclude next weekend with the release of WB’s IT, which has the potential to topple some box office records.
- What will Tulip Fever earn this weekend?
- Will this weekend’s top twelve grossing films earn LESS than the top twelve grossing films May 8th-10th, 1992 adjusted ($47,352,400)?
- What % will Birth of The Dragon fall this weekend (4 points for closest guess, 2 points for second closest)
- Here’s a challenging one: what will Marvel’s Inhumans, a cheap-looking ABC television pilot which is (for some reason) premiering on IMAX screens earn this weekend? It will be splitting showtimes with other IMAX movies at most theaters. (4 points for closest guess, 2 points for second closest)
- Rank or discuss your favorite (or least favorite) films of the Summer. (1 point)
Jackrabbit Slim – 82
Juan – 61
James – 57
Marco – 39
Joe – 33
Filmman – 12
Rob – 8